Richa & Atul Aggarwal Foundation
One year ago, Kanu spent several hours per day collecting water from a pond located 5 km from her home.
But now, thanks to her family’s brand new rainwater harvesting tank and biosand filter, her family has clean water year round. Kanu’s mother has doubled her income by growing wheat and millet via the Khadin method. A Khadin is a farming dyke that maximizes irrigation.
Kanu is now going to school. Her eyes sparkle with excitement as she describes her school, friends and studies.
OneProsper ensures that each girl gets the support she needs to attend school. She and her family receive:
- A rainwater harvesting tank
- Training in sustainable farming
- Seeds to grow food and cash crops
- Tuition and school supplies
- A bicycle to take her to and from school